What To Do About Keratoconus?
Keratoconus Specialized in Houston
Keratoconus is a corneal problem. The cornea is the front surface of the eye. Keratoconus is a degenerative disease that affects the layers of the cornea. It creates a distorted cornea and it becomes very difficult to correct someone’s vision with glasses or contacts because they commonly have some combination of distorted vision, blurred vision, double vision, light sensitivity, and dry-eyes.
A major cause of keratoconus is oxidative stress (metabolic waste that accumulates in the corneal layers) that is unable to be filtered out of the body. It can also be caused by genetic influences or magnesium deficiency.
So what can you do for keratoconus? My recommendations are:
- Take a high potency eye vitamin. Make sure it has N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine, lutein, zeaxanthin, vitamin c, beta-carotene, and trace minerals – this is really important.
- Use MSM eye drops – avoid ‘redness relief eye drops’ and ‘artificial tears’.
- Reduce your visual stress on digital devices. You can reduce the amount of time you spend on the device and purchase blue-light blocking glasses.
- Protect your eyes from UV radiation from the sun with polarized sunglasses.
- Eat a low-carb, low-sugar, and low-gluten diet.
- Eye exercises can also help reduce visual stress.
Keratoconus Specialized in Houston.
Orthokeratology Doctor in Houston, Pediatric Optometrist in Houston, Pediatric Eye Clinic, Pedro Gomez OD, Pediatric Optometry in Houston, Ortho-K Doctor in Houston, Orthokeratology Doctor in Houston, Non Surgical Corneal Molding Doctor in Houston, Non-Surgical Vision Correction Doctor in Houston, Ortho-K Specialized in Houston, Orthokeratology Specialized in Houston, Non Surgical Corneal Molding Specialized in Houston, Non-Surgical Vision Correction Specialized in Houston, Keratoconus Therapy in Houston, Keratoconus Doctor in Houston, Keratoconus Specialized in Houston, Wave Contact Lenses in Houston, Eye Conditions Therapy in Houston, Amblyopia Therapy in Houston, Conjunctivitis Therapy in Houston, Strabismus treatment in Houston, Dry Eye treatment in Houston.