Causes of dry eye in children
Pediatric Eye Clinic
There are many possible causes of 'dry eye' in childhood. Between them:
- The decrease in the frequency of blinking due for example to long periods using near vision, such as during reading.
- The use of electronic devices increasingly present for many hours a day and at increasingly younger ages.
- Being in closed environments without good ventilation such as classrooms or rooms.
- Increasing use of air conditioning.
- Other causes are the use of medications that can alter the production or composition of the tear, trauma that affects the glands responsible for tear production or neurological problems.
Pediatric Eye Clinic.
Most of Practitioners Dispense Contact Lenses, We Design Them
Pediatric Eye Clinic, Myopia Control in Houston, Myopia Treatment in Houston, Myopia Options in Houston, Myopia Solutions in Houston, Children Myopia in Houston, Myopia Alternatives in Houston, Orthokeratology Doctor in Houston, Pediatric Optometrist in Houston, Pedro Gomez OD, Non-Surgical Vision Correction in Houston, Keratoconus Doctor in Houston, Keratoconus Specialized in Houston, Wave Contact Lenses in Houston