Tired of Contacts and Glasses? Try This Futuristic Lens
“Why does my vision seem to get clearer when I squint or pull on the outer corners of my eyes?” Have you ever asked this question? The answer is simple. You are changing the shape of your cornea, and the way light reflects off of the back of your eye. Your eyesight depends on the shape of your cornea!
There is a revolutionary, non-surgical procedure that can do this for you. It’s called Orthokeratology (Ortho-K). The process of Ortho-K involves wearing oxygen-permeable contacts to bed that change the shape of your cornea while you sleep. Each morning you greet the day, take your contacts out, and cheerfully face the opportunities that lie ahead.
What are the benefits?
- You will have no need for contacts or glasses during the day. These things will no longer hinder you in comfort, work, sports, and play. Bring on the dirt, sweat, and the neighborhood swimming pool!
- Ortho-K is reversible, unlike the LASIK surgical procedure that leaves one out of every five patients dissatisfied. If you wish to reverse Ortho-K process, leaving the contacts out will allow your corneas to return to their original shape.
- The cost of Ortho-K is about half of the price of LASIK.
- It slows down progression of nearsightedness and is also used for farsightedness, astigmatism, and presbyopia (the need for bifocals).
- Parents, LASIK and other surgeries that permanently correct vision are not available to children. However, Ortho-K can give your active child the freedom to face the day unhindered by contacts or glasses. Even better, Ortho-K can actually slow progression of nearsightedness in your child. This can help them to avoid a future involving glasses with thick lenses. In fact, Ortho-K is beneficial to people of all ages.
Take the First Step
Not every optometrist can offer you Ortho-K, but if you make an appointment at Pediatric Eye Clinic, this is what you can expect. First, the doctor will make detailed observations of the front part of your eye with an instrument called a slit lamp biomicroscope that permits a detailed view of the structures involved in the process: eyelids, tear film, and cornea. If we determine you’re a good candidate, then the doctor will be able to design a lens system that works best for you. These special lenses are custom made to your eye using our advanced eye topography mapping. We then show you how to insert and remove the lenses and guide you through other tips and tricks for maximum effect and comfort.
Myopia Alternatives, Orthokeratology Doctor in Houston, Pediatric Optometrist in Houston, Pediatric Eye Clinic, Pedro Gomez OD, Pediatric Optometry in Houston, Ortho-K Doctor in Houston, Orthokeratology Doctor in Houston, Non Surgical Corneal Molding Doctor in Houston, Non-Surgical Vision Correction Doctor in Houston, Ortho-K Specialized in Houston, Orthokeratology Specialized in Houston, Non Surgical Corneal Molding Specialized in Houston, Non-Surgical Vision Correction Specialized in Houston, Keratoconus Therapy in Houston, Keratoconus Doctor in Houston, Keratoconus Specialized in Houston, Wave Contact Lenses in Houston, Strabismus treatment in Houston, Dry Eye treatment in Houston