Our Top 5 Tips for protecting your eyes
Ortho-K Doctor in Houston
1. Take frequent breaks from sustained computer use. Try the 20-20-20 rule, refocus your eyes to look at an object 20 feet away, for 20 seconds every 20 minutes. By refocusing on a distant object it relaxes the muscles and reduces the strain that leads to many of the symptoms.
2. Adjust the monitor to the most relaxed position for the head and neck which is about 10 to 20 degrees below eye level. Optimise the screen to display letters at a comfortable size, contrast and brightness.
3. Adjust the lighting around the screen to reduce sources of glare reflecting of the screen. This is particularly important for windows where blinds may be necessary to reduce the sunlight reflecting of the screen. Glare can make it difficult to see and make the eyes feel very uncomfortable
4. Drink lots of water and remember to blink. Symptoms of dry, sore and burning eyes are very common among computer users. Workers often suppress their blinking mechanism when absorbed in a busy activity have a peek at this website.
5. Have a regular sight test. This will identify the cause of any actual or potential eye-related problems when using a computer. Your employer should pay for your eye test if you use a VDU regularly.
Schedule An Appointment
Ortho-K Doctor in Houston.
Myopia Alternatives in Houston, Orthokeratology Doctor in Houston, Pediatric Optometrist in Houston, Pediatric Eye Clinic, Pedro Gomez OD, Pediatric Optometry in Houston, Ortho-K Doctor in Houston, Orthokeratology Doctor in Houston, Non Surgical Corneal Molding Doctor in Houston, Non-Surgical Vision Correction Doctor in Houston, Ortho-K Specialized in Houston, Orthokeratology Specialized in Houston, Non Surgical Corneal Molding Specialized in Houston, Non-Surgical Vision Correction Specialized in Houston, Keratoconus Therapy in Houston, Keratoconus Doctor in Houston, Keratoconus Specialized in Houston, Wave Contact Lenses in Houston, Strabismus treatment in Houston, Dry Eye treatment in Houston