Advantages And Disadvantages Of LASIK Surgery
What Are The Reasonable Expectations?
LASIK has been proven to be safe and effective for most people. With careful patient screening and selection, reasonable expectations, and in the care of an experienced surgeon, most patients will be very pleased with their results. These are some of the other advantages of LASIK:.
- LASIK is able to accurately correct most levels of myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), and astigmatism.
- The procedure is fast, usually lasting only five to 10 minutes, and is generally painless.
- Because the laser is guided by a computer, it is very precise and results are very accurate.
- In most cases, a single treatment will achieve the desired outcome; however, enhancements are possible if needed, even many years after the initial surgery.
What are the disadvantages of LASIK surgery?
- Because each patient will heal slightly differently, results may vary from patient to patient.
- LASIK could make some aspects of your vision worse, including night vision with glare and halos.
- LASIK may make dry-eye symptoms worse in certain individuals.
- In rare circumstances, LASIK can make your vision worse and not correctable with regular glasses or contact lenses.
Dry Eye treatment in Houston.
Orthokeratology Doctor in Houston, Pediatric Optometrist in Houston, Pediatric Eye Clinic, Pedro Gomez OD, Pediatric Optometry in Houston, Ortho-K Doctor in Houston, Orthokeratology Doctor in Houston, Non Surgical Corneal Molding Doctor in Houston, Non-Surgical Vision Correction Doctor in Houston, Ortho-K Specialized in Houston, Orthokeratology Specialized in Houston, Non Surgical Corneal Molding Specialized in Houston, Non-Surgical Vision Correction Specialized in Houston, Keratoconus Therapy in Houston, Keratoconus Doctor in Houston, Keratoconus Specialized in Houston, Wave Contact Lenses in Houston, Eye Conditions Therapy in Houston, Amblyopia Therapy in Houston, Conjunctivitis Therapy in Houston, Strabismus treatment in Houston, Dry Eye treatment in Houston