A Parent’s Checklist for Their Children’s Vision
Pediatric Optometrist in Houston
It is important to remember that 20/20 vision only refers to clear vision at a 20 foot distance. It does not address visual acuity at reading distance (10 to 18 inches) or whether the two eyes are, in fact, working together.
The checklist below will help you understand the special relationship between good vision-good eye teaming-good eye health.
Observe your child and answer:
- One eye that turns in or out at any time?
- Red eyes, especially after reading?
- Eyes that tear excessively?
- Regular headaches?
- Print that blurs after reading a short time?
- Head moves instead of eyes while reading across the page?
- Needs finger to keep place while reading?
- Loses place often during reading?
- Short attention span while reading?
- Frequently omits words?
- Rereads or skips lines?
- Complains of seeing double?
- Omits letters, numbers, or phrases?
- Tilts head excessively while working at a desk?
- Reverses letters or numbers?
- Comprehension decreases as reading continues?
- Blinks excessively at desk tasks and while reading?
- Holds book too close/ face too close to work surface?
- Squints to see?
- Avoids near-centered tasks as much as possible?
- Behavior problems in school?
- Not working up to known potential?
- Rapid frustration when trying to do school work?
IF YOU SAID YES TO ONE OR MORE OF THESE ITEMS, YOU MUST MAKE TO YOUR CHILD A COMPREHENSIVE VISION EXAM. CONTACT THE DR PEDRO GÓMEZ AT PEDIACTRIC EYE CLINIC IN HOUSTON, TX
Pediatric Optometrist in Houston.
Orthokeratology Doctor in Houston, Pediatric Optometrist in Houston, Pediatric Eye Clinic, Pedro Gomez OD, Pediatric Optometry in Houston, Ortho-K Doctor in Houston, Orthokeratology Doctor in Houston, Non Surgical Corneal Molding Doctor in Houston, Non-Surgical Vision Correction Doctor in Houston, Ortho-K Specialized in Houston, Orthokeratology Specialized in Houston, Non Surgical Corneal Molding Specialized in Houston, Non-Surgical Vision Correction Specialized in Houston, Keratoconus Therapy in Houston, Keratoconus Doctor in Houston, Keratoconus Specialized in Houston, Wave Contact Lenses in Houston, Eye Conditions Therapy in Houston, Amblyopia Therapy in Houston, Conjunctivitis Therapy in Houston, Strabismus treatment in Houston, Dry Eye treatment in Houston.