Are You Doing All You Need to Do for Your Child's Vision?
Non Surgical Corneal Molding Specialized in Houston
Did you know that the American Optometric Association suggests that during the growth years, children should have their vision and eye health checked annually by a pediatric eye specialist? Vision screenings performed by a pediatrician or a school nurse are not a substitute for a complete eye exam performed by a licensed eye doctor. Children who have a visual disorder may not be aware of it or voice their difficulties. It is important to have their eye doctor closely monitor their visual system, specifically during their growth years, as it impacts every aspect of their development, both in the classroom and in everyday life. A child should have the necessary tools to interact with the world around them, and optimal vision is one very important tool.
If you are a parent of an infant, it's best to start your child's visual healthcare off at 6 months.
When you take your child for a comprehensive eye examination at any age to an eye doctor, you should receive information about how to protect your child's eyes from the sun's harmful rays. A significant amount of UV damage occurs before the age of 18 making it imperative to address the issue at an early age. In addition, you should learn about options to control your child's increasing prescription and give your child the latest interventions in myopia control.
Whether you make an appointment, these are some questions you should ask while at your appointment:
- Should we be considering Ortho-K?
- Are glasses really the best way to care for my child's eyesight?
- Is there anything I can do to slow down my child's increasing prescription?
- What should I do to protect my child's eyes from the sun? Is it really that important?
- What are preventative measures we can take to protect our child's vision and eye health?
- How do I know if my child is having visual challenges at school?
- How much screen time is safe for my child?
- Why is it so important to see an eye doctor if the pediatrician is checking my child's vision?
- How much does diet really play a role in eye health?
- Eye rubbing … is it just allergies?
Non Surgical Corneal Molding Specialized in Houston.
Orthokeratology Doctor in Houston, Pediatric Optometrist in Houston, Pediatric Eye Clinic, Pedro Gomez OD, Pediatric Optometry in Houston, Ortho-K Doctor in Houston, Orthokeratology Doctor in Houston, Non Surgical Corneal Molding Doctor in Houston, Non-Surgical Vision Correction Doctor in Houston, Ortho-K Specialized in Houston, Orthokeratology Specialized in Houston, Non Surgical Corneal Molding Specialized in Houston, Non-Surgical Vision Correction Specialized in Houston, Keratoconus Therapy in Houston, Keratoconus Doctor in Houston, Keratoconus Specialized in Houston, Wave Contact Lenses in Houston, Eye Conditions Therapy in Houston, Amblyopia Therapy in Houston, Conjunctivitis Therapy in Houston, Strabismus treatment in Houston, Dry Eye treatment in Houston.