How To Succeed With Them?
If contact lenses are right for you, your optometrist will provide you with the lenses, lens care kits, individual instructions for wear and care, and unlimited follow-up visits over a specified time. Hygiene is the most critical aspect of successful long-term contact lens wear.
The American Optometric Association offers the following recommendations for contact lens wearers:
- Always wash and thoroughly dry your hands before handling contact lenses.
- Carefully and regularly clean contact lenses as directed by your optometrist. Rub the contact lenses with your fingers and rinse them thoroughly before soaking the lenses overnight in multipurpose solution that completely covers each lens.
- Store lenses in the proper lens storage case, and replace the case at least every three months. Clean the case after each use, and keep it open and dry between cleanings.
- Use only products recommended by your optometrist to clean and disinfect your lenses. Saline solution and rewetting drops do not disinfect lenses.
- Use only fresh solution to clean and store contact lenses. Never reuse old solution. Change the contact lens solution according to the manufacturer's recommendations, even if you don't use the lenses daily.
- Always follow the recommended contact lens replacement schedule your optometrist prescribes.
Pediatric Optometrist in Houston
Orthokeratology Doctor in Houston, Pediatric Optometrist in Houston, Pediatric Eye Clinic, Pedro Gomez OD, Pediatric Optometry in Houston, Ortho-K Doctor in Houston, Orthokeratology Doctor in Houston, Non Surgical Corneal Molding Doctor in Houston, Non-Surgical Vision Correction Doctor in Houston, Ortho-K Specialized in Houston, Orthokeratology Specialized in Houston, Non Surgical Corneal Molding Specialized in Houston, Non-Surgical Vision Correction Specialized in Houston, Keratoconus Therapy in Houston, Keratoconus Doctor in Houston, Keratoconus Specialized in Houston, Wave Contact Lenses in Houston, Eye Conditions Therapy in Houston, Amblyopia Therapy in Houston, Conjunctivitis Therapy in Houston, Strabismus treatment in Houston, Dry Eye treatment in Houston.