Eye Care in Childhood
1. Diet: A normal balanced diet comprising of red and green leafy vegetables like spinach, carrots, beetroot and yellow fruits including mango and papaya which are rich in carotene (A precursor of Vitamin A) should be prepared for the child.
2. TV Viewing: Television should be watched at a proper viewing distance of 3.5 meter or more in a well lighted room.
3. Computer Usage: the child should be encouraged to use it judiciously in order to reduce eye fatigue. Computer screen should be slightly lower than the eye level. This allows complete blinking thereby reducing symptoms of dryness and eye fatigue. This child should consciously blink his/her eyes and give rest to the eyes at intervals.
4. Playing games on the mobile: phones should be restricted because of the less form factor and the resolution.
5. Lighting: One should have a light source behind while studying. Books should be held at about 14 inches distance.
6. If the child takes active part in contact sports, then protective eye wear is recommended.
7. Protective goggles are also recommended while swimming; they prevent inflation due to chlorine and reduce the risks of eye infections.
8. Allergic Conjunctivitis is frequently seen in school age, children should be discouraged from rubbing their eyes since it aggravates the allergic process, In addition, due vigilance has to be paid to eye hygiene. Children should not touch their eyes with dirty hands
9. Certain practices of application of Kajal to newboms and washing eyes with rosewater should be discouraged.
10. Discourage the use of toys with sharp and pointed edge for infants and toddlers as they can accidentally get injured.
Dry Eye treatment in Houston.
Orthokeratology Doctor in Houston, Pediatric Optometrist in Houston, Pediatric Eye Clinic, Pedro Gomez OD, Pediatric Optometry in Houston, Ortho-K Doctor in Houston, Orthokeratology Doctor in Houston, Non Surgical Corneal Molding Doctor in Houston, Non-Surgical Vision Correction Doctor in Houston, Ortho-K Specialized in Houston, Orthokeratology Specialized in Houston, Non Surgical Corneal Molding Specialized in Houston, Non-Surgical Vision Correction Specialized in Houston, Keratoconus Therapy in Houston, Keratoconus Doctor in Houston, Keratoconus Specialized in Houston, Wave Contact Lenses in Houston, Eye Conditions Therapy in Houston, Amblyopia Therapy in Houston, Conjunctivitis Therapy in Houston, Strabismus treatment in Houston, Dry Eye treatment in Houston